A spinning ball is a good tactic to confuse the opponent. It makes you a pro at the pickleball court. You do not only score more, you dominate the game, terrify your opponent. If you play the right moves at the right time, you can turn the tables. Having the best pickleball paddles for a spin can make your play a game-changer.
A good player practices the moves, unlearns, learns, adapts, and attacks. And a player without a good kit is like a soldier without a good weapon.
Learning the tactics is crucial. However, more than the wrist moment, your paddles play a key role. This article will help you find the best pickleball paddles for a spin, So you can enjoy the game, dominate the court and be a great player.
Compression of 10 Best Pickleball Paddles for Spin
|Image||Brand||Product weight||Material||Check Price on amazon|
|Engage Encore||8.8 ounces||Polymer honeycomb core with fiberglass skin||Check Price|
|Onix Composite Z5||8.4-9.2 ounce||Paper honeycomb with fiberglass face||Check Price|
|Selkirk Prime||Lightweight||X4 honeycomb core with fiberflex technology||Check Price|
|Onix Evoke Premier||8. 2-8. 5 ounce||Polypropylene core with 13 edge technology||Check Price|
|ONIX Graphite Z5||7.5-8.2 ounces.||Paper honeycomb core and graphite face||Check Price|
|A11N HyperFeather||7.5-8.2 ounces||Polymer core with a graphite face||Check Price|
|Gamma Sports 2.0||7.6 ounce||Honeycomb core with graphite or fiberglass face||Check Price|
|Gamma Sports 2.0USAPA Approved||7.9 ounce||Honeycomb Aramid Core with graphite or fiberglass face||Check Price|
|HEAD Fiberglass||Lightweight||Polypropylene honeycomb core with fiberglass face||Check Price|
|Gamma Poly Core||8 ounces||Honeycomb core with graphite surface||Check Price|
- 1 Compression of 10 Best Pickleball Paddles for Spin
- 2 Top 10 Best Pickleball Paddle for Spin Reviews in 2023
- 2.1 1 Engage Encore Pro Pickleball Paddle
- 2.2 2 Onix Composite Z5 Pickleball Paddle
- 2.3 3 Selkirk Prime Pickleball Paddle
- 2.4 4 Onix Evoke Premier Pickleball Paddle
- 2.5 5 ONIX Graphite Z5 Graphite Carbon Fiber Pickleball Paddle
- 2.6 6 A11N HyperFeather Pickleball Paddles
- 2.7 7 Gamma Sports 2.0 Pickleball Paddles
- 2.8 8 Gamma Sports 2.0 Pickleball Paddles:
- 2.9 9 HEAD Fiberglass Pickleball Paddle
- 2.10 10 Gamma Poly Core Pickleball Paddle
- 3 Buyer Guide
- 4 FAQs
Top 10 Best Pickleball Paddle for Spin Reviews in 2023
1 Engage Encore Pro Pickleball Paddle
Engage has introduced the best pickleball paddles for a spin. The paddles are made of polymer honeycomb and covered with a fiberglass skin. The density of the material is of perfect weight to give the player a variety of strokes. The length of the handle is 4 3/4″ which gives it a strong grip and allows a swift wrist moment. Engage manufactured paddles are used by professional players. They are highly efficient and reliable in court.
The handle is 4 ¾ inches long and provides excellent grip. The Unisex Engage Pro pickleball paddles are precisely designed to provide a professional spin on strokes. Although a perfect spin comes with practice, a good paddle that feels like a part of your hand and twists and turns swiftly plays a vital role. The paddle helps you optimize control, ball position, and spin balance.
- Textured surface:
The surface of the paddle is textured precisely so you could throw your opponent off the track and with your exceptionally good spin skills.
- Multi-level design:
What makes Engage the best pickleball paddle manufacturer is its design that ranges from beginners level to professional players level. The paddles are used by Brian Staub and Marcin Rozpedski.
Paddles are bound to be noisy, but that is not the case with Engage’s paddles. The noise on impact is barely noticeable.
- The sweet spot is larger than other brands and offers plenty of pop.
- Offers a high level of spin. A beginner can learn real quick and an experienced player can knock off the opponent with its pickleball spin shot
- Small handles for athletic players
As per our pickleball racket reviews, we found that Engage is offering the best pickleball paddles for spin shots. The handle was excellent in terms of grip. The ball bounced perfectly once with an excellent spin. Use the paddle sideways instead of upside down and it creates a very deceptive spin for the opponent. With Engage pickleball paddles, you can ace the game. The only downside of this pickleball paddle is its heavyweight. Some people may find it a little tiring for their hands.
2 Onix Composite Z5 Pickleball Paddle
Onix is a name for professional and regular players at a very reasonable cost. Z5 are good pickleball paddles and weigh slightly more than other paddles on the list. If you are a beginner; our honest advice is, do not go for Onix straight. These paddles weigh more so you might end up having wrist pain or elbow pain. But if you are a regular player with command of the game, absolutely go for it. If you like to smash every shot and hit with strength, Z5 will serve you faithfully. Its weight adds to the strength and adds velocity to the ball. However, in case you also rely on the dink technique (a very controlled, soft shot that lands in the no-volley zone in your opposition’s court. A lethal tactic), you’ll need some practice with Onix Z5. You Can also check the Best Pickleball Nets.
- Core design:
Weight adds strength to each shot and increases the spin and velocity of the pickleball ball. With a “Pok” the ball lands in the low groundstrokes serve over the net, giving less time to your opponent to catch up with the speed and spin of the ball. The sweet spot is bigger and the grip on the handle is excellent.
- For regular players:
The paddle is highly suited for players already in practice. Not for a faint heart. Especially for the players that play baseline, it’s a perfect choice. If you are already a beginner and looking forward to improving your game, go for Z5. You’ll be surprised how it improved your performance manyfold.
- Cost and design:
Cost less and gives a cutting-edge performance in the court. The core is Paper Honeycomb with a fiberglass face. Handle size is 4-1/4″. It’s heavy and strong for powerful shots.
- Brilliant for professional players and hardcore, non-recreational matches.
- Very reasonable cost.
- The dense and heavy sweet spot makes it the best pickleball paddle for spin
- An excellent choice for those who want to level up.
- Not a first choice for beginners.
We found Onix Z5 the best tool to win the game. Onix pickleball paddle for control on the game is the ultimate choice. We tried dink and smash shots and for both the styles, Z5 gave us just amazing results. The weight (8.4-8.7 ounces) is the USP of the product. For a pro performance, it is the best pickleball paddle but we don’t recommend it for newbies because of heavyweight.
3 Selkirk Prime Pickleball Paddle
Selkirk takes pride in its quality products and they made the best pickleball paddle for spin shots with an excellent handle size. The paddle is lightweight, made of a Polypropylene core with a unidirectional fiberglass face. Its broad and standard design gives an exceptional performance at the court. This top-of-the-line pickleball paddle gives a balance of power and control. The amazing part of the paddle is it’s deep cushioning that diffuses the opponent’s ball spin. Last but not the least, having a standard shape, large surface area and short handles are big plus points. Also, check the What is Pickleball Stacking?
- Tested and approved:
Selkirk is the USA Pickleball Association approved after tests. The sweet spot is larger than usual paddles and is much more responsive to spin the pickleball your way. A larger surface area provides sufficient room for sweet spots and pop.
- For recreational purposes (every age group):
The rackets are designed with precision so people from every age group can enjoy the game. You can play with your 10-year-old child or a 70-year-old person, it gives good results. Also, read the What Kind Of Ball Is Used In Pickleball?
- All-purpose use:
Perfect for seasoned/ professional players as well as recreational games.
- The handle is bigger and better than those in the list.
- Lightweight with a good surface.
- Has a larger sweet spot.
- Provides powerful shots
- We found that it is a perfect regular paddle for regular recreational games.
To show some great spin shots and a winning game these paddles are exceptionally good. Having a propylene core with standard fiberglass face technology makes the paddles foolproof for spin shots. However, We do not recommend PRIME for athletic activities.
4 Onix Evoke Premier Pickleball Paddle
We tested Onix Evoke Paddles to see what makes the best pickleball paddle for a spin. Onix went a step ahead and asked the champions Matt Wright and Lucy Kovalova to help design the best pickleball paddles for a spin. Evoke Premier increases your reach with an excellent spin and gives you a maximum baseline. The Atomic 13 Edge technology base scatters the impact and uses it to bounce the ball further. It also adds up to the spin. The ball becomes unpredictable for your opponent. You can harness your techniques with Onix’s Evoke Premier paddles. We are jotting down some key features of the paddles.
- Design approved by champions:
The company has seriously worked on product design and took help from national champions to give you a champion-level product.
- Structure and material:
The paddles size is 16” x 8” and the core hits the ball in the direction your wrist leads it to. The polypropylene core has a minimal coating so the ball spins faster and better, without losing speed.
The paddle weighs 8. 2-8. 5 oz. We found the paddles are faster in response and perfect for softer hands.
- Designed by professional players for professional players.
- Quick response and faster on the ball.
- Spin the ball and throw your opponent off the trail.
- The best option for career athletes working on improving their game.
- A preferred game level is 3.2 to 4.0+level player
- Three different weight options are available.
- We would recommend you to not choose a weight that you are not accustomed to.
We were amazed to see three different weight options. The grip on the handle is very comfortable. It sways with your wrist without causing any pain. Weight and sizes allow you to choose according to your game level. The price is market competitive and product quality is top-notch. It is worth the price. But some players found a dead spot in the paddle that continuously drops down the shots.
5 ONIX Graphite Z5 Graphite Carbon Fiber Pickleball Paddle
Onix is the leading manufacturer of Pickleball paddles and relevant equipment. Graphite Z5 Carbon Fiber is the most famous pickleball paddle by Onix. The core is a Nomex paper honeycomb with a graphite cover on the core. The handle was replaced with the tennis racket for a more comfortable grip. The Paddles are highly popular and recommended among players due to their superior quality and design. The core is wide with a wide sweet spot to give an excellent spin to the pickleball ball. It has one size but a range of color collections available. We understand the paddles are more valuable for their performance but a wide color range adds up to your choices. You Can also check the How To Play Pickleball.
- Material and structure:
Handle size is four and quarter 4-1/4 inches. It provides a comfortable grip. A core is wide and made of paper honeycomb, with graphite face covering.
The paddle’s dimensions are 15.5-inch length, x 8.3 inches in width and the core is 1.5 inches in width. It weighs 7.5-8.2 ounces.
The reasonably rough surface of the core spins the ball as you want to. You can create new spin techniques. Besides, the game is all about improvising.
- Professionally made paddles for professionals.
- Lightweight with a brilliant sweet spot.
- Perfect choice for career athletes. Onix Z5 is the best pickleball paddle for spin.
- Long-lasting paddles.
- As good as the handle is, It is Nomex from core to handle, which makes it vulnerable. An over-covering can reduce the threat.
We found Onix Z5 the best pickleball paddle for a spin. The performance is exceptionally good because of superior control, excellent touch, and affordable price range. Furthermore, the large sweet spot gives a tough time to the opponent’s spin, giving your shots a victory. The only downside of the paddle is its cheap surface finish. Some people complain that the small paint chips off after certain shots of play.
6 A11N HyperFeather Pickleball Paddles
While looking for the best pickleball paddle for a spin we loved A11N HyperFeather Pickleball paddles. The pair of paddles come with complementary products. The package includes a pair of paddles weighing 8 ounces, a pair of neoprene protective covers for paddles, 2 pickleball balls for inside, and two for outdoor games. You Can also check the Best Pickleball Bags.
Now, let’s talk about the pickleball racket reviews. The handle length is 4.92 inches, with a sweat-absorbent, anti-slip cushion that reduces stress on your hypothenar/palm muscles. Polymer honeycomb core is connected with graphite cover that provides an ideal surface for a spin and pop. Edge guards seal the core and protect it from damage (in case it falls etc).
- Complete kit:
The package is perfect. Especially if you are buying for the first time or your old kit is depreciating.
- Approved and listed:
Paddles are USAPA approved and listed on the website.
- Rough surface:
The core surface yields perfect shots. The ball stays under your control and spins and flies however and wherever you want it to. The sweet spot on the core covers a larger area, and sweet spots on the paddle give you control over the game.
The paddles weigh only 80 ounces that makes them heavy enough to smash the ball and light on your wrist.
- The handle has an anti-sweat, anti-slip covering that gives excellent grip, control, and maneuverability.
- The core of the paddles is broad and gives desired spin and bounce.
- The package has additional Pickleball balls and protective covers. Making it worth the cost.
- The paddles are USAPA approved for tournaments. It’s an absolute professional product.
- The graphite face coverings are always lighter compared to the fiberglass cover (fiberglass adds a little more weight to the paddles). Graphite face covering is considered ideal for control and is the finest for spin and speed.
- Ideal for a fast, competitive game.
- We found A11N HyperFeather Pickleball Paddles ideally the best and we couldn’t find anything worth complaining about during trials. Being USAPA approved best pickleball paddle for a spin, this is a professional pair and highly recommended.
Manufactured by A11N SPORTS, we found the performance of A11N HyperFeather Pickleball Paddles utterly beautiful. For professionals, it’s the best choice on the court. Because of its textured graphite face that controls the shots. Furthermore, we highly recommend it for newbies as it is the best starter set. The package includes two paddles with two sets of inner and outer balls and neoprene protective covers.
7 Gamma Sports 2.0 Pickleball Paddles
We chose Gamma Sports 2.0 for two major reasons. First and obviously the most important is the performance of the paddles. The second reason was customization. We were looking for the best pickleball paddle for a spin and each player has a unique style and material preference. Gamma sports offers the player to choose the core’s surface material. Fiberglass or graphite, You chose. Also, the core is Aramid-made. Aramid is an artificial polymer that is abrasion-resistant and long-lasting. Also, the fiber provides strength to the paddles that will be delivered to the ball. Giving you an edge on the court.
- Range of material combination:
A unique material combination that not everyone is accustomed to. It is offering the choice to pick a combination of paddles as per your style.
- Variety of sizes and levels:
Most desirable for advanced players. With a grip on the game, you deserve something that is designed as you like it. The edges of the core are Flush-Fit, giving it protection against damages.
- Different prices:
A variety of prices available with a range of paddles.
- Ideal paddles for advanced skill level.
- The range of products and options gives you leverage.
- The core is designed with different face-covering materials so the player can choose the one he/she/they have mastered.
- A core is Aramid-made. The fibers are strong and long-lasting so they won’t wear off quickly. especially if you smash the ball with strength, it won’t bend in from the center in nanometers because of impact. And if your style includes dink, the core will give you a good spin and make the ball land wherever you want it to land.
- The product is durable. Do not choose differently if you do not have experience with different materials or are new to the game. Because like ordering at the Subway without knowing the flavors of sauces, It can cost you time and money if the combination does not sit right.
For players already at an advanced level and experienced, It is a good catch. The surface is rough on the core that makes these paddles the best pickleball paddle for a spin.
But some users complain about its cheap surface finish that started breaking after 10-12 games only. Furthermore, the company offers no service which can be a deal-breaker.
8 Gamma Sports 2.0 Pickleball Paddles:
Since Gamma has quality and variety, we found it the best pickleball paddle for Beginners too. The advanced level paddle in the list and this beginner’s level have few differences (obviously). The Gamma sports 2.0 has evolved from its previous versions in terms of textured surface that bites a ball more for a spin. The improved grip is the actual plus of this paddle from its other counterparts. Also, read the What is a Dink in Pickleball?
Here is the list of features that make Gama sports 2.0 the best pickleball paddle for a spin.
- Aramid-made core:
Aramid honeycomb cushion with fiberglass surface, It’s an amazing combination for beginners. It helps you get used to the weight, helps your hand to adapt, and practice techniques.
- Fiberglass surface:
The surface of fiberglass is made rough so it gives a spin to the pickleball. Swaying the paddle sideways is ideal to spin the ball so it lands in the no-volley zone across the net.
- For multi-level players:
Game 2.0 is offering this range of multiple skill levels. So It is not a complete novice set. Plus if you are looking forward to improving your game, it offers a range of combinations to try and learn.
- Better handle covering:
The manufacturer understands how important the handle is. So they paid extra attention to handling material. The covering is sweat absorbent and slip-resistant.
- Beginners level with 0.49 Pounds/ 8 ounces weight.
- Goes easy on the wrist and palm.
- The handle’s length is 4 1/8 inches. Good for different types of hands and it is unisex.
- The textured surface gives perfect spin. For novice players, it’s a good paddle to practice spin moves.
- The paddle’s weight adds to the speed of the ball.
- Not for experienced players. But definitely for those looking for improvement.
Gamma sports is offering a range of rackets at different prices. You can choose what suits you the best. The users have found it as an improved version of its previous rackets. A profound texture, the improved grip make the paddle highly in demand for beginners. However, the only downside of the pickleball paddle is its soft feeling to some players.
9 HEAD Fiberglass Pickleball Paddle
Head fiberglass is neither for the faint of heart nor for beginners. It is the best pickleball paddle for a spin and gives a fast response to the ball. The surface has a very rough texture that gives a strong rub and extreme spin. The base is tournament-ready OPTIMIZED TUBULAR CORE made of polypropylene honeycomb that harnesses playability, and power. The sound produced by the HEAD paddle explains its quality of manufacturing.
Furthermore, this pickleball paddle is famous for its lightweight features and a robust fiberglass hitting surface. You feel the power and a wonderful throw while playing.
Last but not the least, the surface is super textured to assist in spin and accurate play. You Can also check the Best Pickleball Shoes.
- Extreme spin:
Absolutely for fast players. The ball spins extremely; leaving no room for pause, it is an ultimate attack on the opponent. The response from the other side could be as severe as your attack. HEAD fiberglass’s core can handle that impact.
- Heavy surface:
Fiberglass is relatively heavier than graphite covering and it can stand the brutal force from either side.
- Strong handle:
The handle is designed to stand strong hits so it won’t break mid-game.
- Recommended for advanced matches.
- Extreme spin
- Strong base for powerful hit and impact.
- Only for spin shots. Players who dink won’t like it. The sweet spot is very calculated and only for professionals.
HEAD fiberglass is ideal for players with spin techniques. If you can spin the ball and have your own techniques, It’s highly recommended. Furthermore the lightweight and fiberglass surface makes it a great choice for a spin. But a few players found the racket hard to control and the sweet spot is relatively small.
10 Gamma Poly Core Pickleball Paddle
While trying different types of rackets/paddlers, we made sure that we selected the best pickleball paddle for a spin, at different levels. We specifically chose Gamma Poly as it’s textured to learn to spin the ball. It comes with a medium range of weight which makes it easy to handle and control for a powerful throw. Furthermore, the Paddle features a 4-inch extra cushion on the body that gives strong support and comfort.
All of the features of this pickleball paddle have been listed below.
- Composite surface:
The surface could be Graphite or composite (a combination of different materials). You can choose from the available options.
- For Dink/Spin practice:
Standard weight (8 ounces) helps the novice learners to master the spin or to dink the ball in a no-volley zone.
- Protective edge-guard:
Low-profile edge guard and composite textured surface pop the ball and give it a good swing.
- Warrantied and approved:
USAPA approved with a year’s warranty.
- For beginners and occasional players
- Textured surface for practicing the spin techniques.
- Choice of material (surface) available
- Range of prices, colors, and material.
- Free prime shipping
- The handle is designed to keep beginners in mind. The paddle weighs only 8 Ounces. Which is the standard weight. It’s light on the wrist and has a good grip.
- Not for regular players. You’ll need to buy an advanced model if you want to improve the game.
If you play with your children, parents, or grandkids, It is a good paddle for recreational games. We don’t recommend it as a long-term investment. But it does have a good texture on the surface so if you do want to practice spin techniques as a learner, you can do it. Composite surfaces are genuinely good for spin movies. That does make it a beginner-level best pickleball paddle for a spin.
We’ve carefully tried and tested these paddles. Also, we made sure to bring you a range of paddles so that either you’re a beginner, medium/recreational player, or a pro, you can find your desired product from the list.
- Choose your requirement as per your level.
- Select the best pickleball paddle for a spin.
- Order online or go to a nearby sports shop.
- Ordering online will save you traveling hustle.
- Purchasing firsthand gives you first-hand experience.
Should I spin every shot as I’ve mastered it now?
The advice is, Don’t do it. With large holes in spin pickleball’s ball, it’s very easy for an experienced opponent to judge your moves. So never lay all the cards on the deck at once. Keep your element of surprise.
Which is better: graphite or composite pickleball paddle for a spin?
Composite surfaces are relatively cheaper and with a range of weights and sizes (Because composite means amalgam of various materials so that the combinations vary). Graphite happens to be expensive, strong, and for advanced-level games. Fiberglass adds more weight to the face cover and is relatively affordable.
What is the best weight for a pickleball paddle?
The bracket goes from 6 to 14 ounces. However, the majority of manufacturers choose 8 ounces as standard weight.